Personal History Website

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Tucson Sept 12, 1967

Dear Family,

I think the Millennium must not be too far in the offing, because I was paid to go fishing last
week end. Mother and I went to Rocky Point last Friday and returned Sunday evening. Our Office has a client who is on a diet of fish and claims that the commercial fisherman dip the fish in preservative solution to which she is allergic. We stayed in the best Motel in the place, (Ugh) and I hired a boat to take me out. It was a small open boat and I was glad Lloyd was not with me because it pitched like a bucking bronco and he would have been seasick for sure. We, (the Mexican boys and I), caught about a hundred pounds of Mackerel, which did not cost the client much more that tow dollars a pound.

We have received three letters at our new address, from Bill, Marion, and Rina. And to you Bill, I
want to make one statement, “No quiero decir que Vd des Embustero, pero, Vd. Esta estrechando la verdad”. That old story of not knowing where to write has long white whiskers. We do plan to get up there for Conference as long as you have the family room completed we will leave our trailer at home. How is the road between Ducheane and Price? According to the map I have it as still unpaved. Tell Fran not to be too miffed about us not going your way last spring. We would have gone if it had not been for Mother’s knee. By-the-way, her knee seems much better and did not bother her nearly as much on this Mexican trip. We were glad to hear that Lloyd is walking, but not surprised to hear that he is such a good baby. How could he miss with a name like that?

Marion, thanks for your invitation to move to some place like Napa, but I don’t think I could take
it there during the winter. We will look that area over next spring though. Your temperatures as
announced over TV sound mighty inviting right now. We talked to Marta and Bob the other day and they said it had been miserable there. Bob said he even had to quit school one day because the smog was so bad they could not study. You don’t say a word about the most important subject in my recent letters,
although, I am glad you enjoyed the outing with the LDS girls. Thanks for the report on David. It makes mother feel good to hear that he is putting on a little weight.

Rina, we were sorry to hear that your Church Picnic washed out and that school conditions are
not so good. There is always a fly in the ointment, and you can’t always have everything just the way you want it. We were also sorry to hear that Lane has impetigo? But things like that can be expected in the tropics. I remember I had it once in Venezuela. Yes we were very glad to get back in the 5th Ward and we were greeted like returned prodigals. The Bishop even took me out to play Golf. We are paying $75.00 a month for this apartment, $25.00 more that the other one, but the comfort and contentment of your Mother is more than worth it. I will take some pictures as soon as she gets the drapes up. I am trying to hold her down as much as I can so that she does not do too much at once.

Betty, called the other day, she wanted some of her childhood pictures to enter in some church
contest. She is very active with the girls in Mutual.

Rina, we enclose some pictures of our Oregon trip and would like you to return them to Marta.

Vaya con dios

Dad

No comments: