Personal History Website

Sunday, June 13, 2010

April 6, 1967


Dear Family,

Shortly before we left Hawaii, a job opportunity opened for Frank. This job would give him a higher rating- a 13 and would put him back in the maintenance field, but as supervisor. The job was in Guam. It would be good future wise, as there are many slots for jobs of that type in the Mainland very few slots in the field in which he now serves. Then just before we left Frank heard that his immediate boss in Hawaii was going to Washington and he felt that he had a very good chance of being named to fill that slot. A couple of days before we left he told me that he had seen the list of applicants for the Guam job, that it contained people who were already 13s, so he did not see how he could possibly get it. The upshot was, that they sent in a man for the Hawaii job and Frank was given the Guam job. Dios Dispone. They are leaving Hawaii on May 26th.

Buena Suerte Stobbes, Vaya Con Dios. What are you going to do with your family of cats? I am sure Lane will want to take them along. Tell him that I am very sorry that someone clobbered him with a bat. Would you please tell the ward clerk to expedite the transfer of our records to Tucson 1st. We want to get a new Temple Recommend and I don’t think we can get it without our records. Tell Julie we would like to read some of those letters she has been writing.

Marta, Candy’s Birthday party sounded like it was fun. Was the new pup a birthday present.? As long as it is a police dog you might call him “Fus”. I concede that you now have a place to keep a dog and that it will be relaxing for Bob to train him. An untrained police dog is as worthless as the fleas in his ears. I wish you had been able to get a dog like the Rice girl’s Queenie, but I’ll agree they are few and far between. Thanks a lot for sending along my check. I have changed the address here so you won’t have to bother about it for awhile. When we leave this address I will ask you to take care of it again or maybe I will bother Lloyd next time.

Que paso Lloyd, con mi encargo? I took Mother to the Doctor this week. He did not give her much consolation about her leg. In fact things are worse than before. He gave her some new medicine for her heart and she has had a constant headache ever since she began to take it.

It seems to me that it is about time we heard from some member of the Rice Family. It seems that we never hear a weather report, but that we hear of bad weather in the Sierra Nevadas. Are you ever going to have any summer?

I am afraid that Mother is beginning to loose her itchy feet. When I suggest we go some place, like the White Mountains fishing, she demurs. Unless she feels better I am afraid she might chicken out on that Oregon trip.

Mother joins me in sending all our love.

Dad

No comments: