Personal History Website

Sunday, June 6, 2010

March 20, 1967


Dear Family,

You can thank Betty and Renee for this decker. We did receive a letter from David, but I wrote him a Special Edition. He will be four more months at T.I. and is trying to decide where to go on leave at that time.

Betty, you Goof! Twenty five minutes from Carson City to Tahoe is just too fast! Especially with that old car! Take it easy, those girls need you. I am impressed that you are impressed with a book about the Mormons, (The Giant Joshua) by Maurine Whipple), even though it is evidently written by a woman I will try to read it as it takes a lot to set you back on your heals. Speaking of books, If Carol has finished “Latter Day Saints Then and Now” I will try to get them to send it on to some of you. Rina got hold of a copy here and read about 100 pages before she had to give it back. She says she can hardly wait until she gets her hands on it again. That book will answer the questions you ask me. Speaking of Carol, I can realize that when that “little bundle of joy is awake, no one could do anything except watch and play with him, but he does sleep a lot……..?

The big news here is that Mother finally got a new bathing suit. The purchase of a new bathing suit started long before we left Tucson. Every time she went shopping for a bathing suit, she would come back with this story; I just could not find a bathing suit to fit me so I bought a new dress, or shoes or something” This went on in California too. I will admit she looks nice in this one. She has lost 10 lbs and believe me, she looks lovely to me. I can still go for that woman.

We have not heard from Marta since we had been there. This is unusual as she is usually our best correspondent. I hope there is nothing wrong Marta.

All our love,

Dad

No comments: