Personal History Website

Sunday, June 6, 2010

March 25, 1967


WRITTERS GET GOOD COPIES

Dear Family;

Johnson sure fouled up our weather. It has been raining ever since we left the mainland. We accomplished nothing and should have enough sense by now to stay home. Mother has only worn her new Bikini once. When we were here last year she was in the ocean every day. We plan to go back to the Bellows recreation center on the 2nd and stay until the 12th. We could have sun by then. We will then apply for air space available and should be out of here by the first of May. We will call you from Travis Marion. With your promotion and new job you should have no trouble getting off and meeting us (she is now outside sales woman for Sears, or outside representative).

I have heard so many times; “I would write to her or him, but I don’t have the address”, that I am enclosing a list of family addresses. You might APRIL FOOL someone by writing a letter:

McKay Bill P.O. Box 505 Roosevelt, Utah 77m

McKay Lloyd 1841 Bessamer St. Reseda, Cal 91335 213 345-5833

McKay David S.N. Class 6628 R,ETA.,T.I. S.F. 91430 Thru T.I. Locator

Meeker Marion 970 Appian Way, El Sobrante, Cal. 94803 415 CA3-2320

Rice Betty & Bob P.O. Box 7306, South Tahoe, Cal 95705 415 641-8213

Wilson Family 11704 Hemlock, El Monte Cal. 921732 213 442-8213

Stobbe Family 645 Pauka, Kailua, Oahu Hawaii 96736 259-467

You will note that Betty’s address is new, even though she still lives in the same old place. I doubt very much if you could have found it David. Mother and I have a big hassle every time we go. That place is really getting confusing.

Congratulations on the new job Marion, or should I say position? According to the papers, new construction is booming again- at least that is what Johnson says, so Bob should have more work than he can do.

I don’t know how I can possibly drive our old “Ugly American” after driving a high powered Chrysler for these many days. The Stobbes were really fortunate in acquiring that car. It is an older model of course, but has lower mileage than our Rambler. It was really owned by a “little old lady Kahala”. The motor is so quiet that you can hardly hear it, and it does not consume as much gas as their old chevie.

In spite of the rain everyone is well or sniffely. Mother’s knee is not much better, but we are hoping it will improve somewhat with sunny weather, if.

How is Brian Jon, (maybe I can make you angry enough to bawl me out –by letter). I look his pictures over every now and then and wish I could see him. I hope I can see him when we go through L.A. although we only intend to stay long enough to pick up our car and hit the Highway. We will fly into L.A. any way we come and will keep you posted as to the date. We still have not heard from Marta.

Nothing else new here,

All our Love,

Dad

No comments: