Personal History Website

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Tucson, Oct 1, 1969

Dear Lloyd and Carol,
As Winter approached these past ten years, we have blessed Lloyd for the electric sheet he gave us while he was in the navy. The cloth wore out and Mother re-built it, but it still kept warming our ‘tootsies’. We have looked in all the stores in Tucson and cannot find a sheet, lots of blanket, but not sheets. (ours burned). I am not hinting for a father’s day gift. We will be glad to pay for the sheet if you can find one for us there. I would like to bother you further. If you go to Sunset House I would appreciate it very much if you would pick me up a wallet- the kind that carry the credit cards standing in slots, not folded. (tan).
Both of our wallets burned with all of our cards, I.D. etc. as well as our Temple recommends. Mother had not cashed her SS check for the month of August so we or rather she will get at least $40.00 of our lost money back.
Mother is becoming more reconciled to the loss. Good friends in the church gave us sheets etc. to go along with searching the boxes we had stored here, she found several raggedy garments. I went to put one on. I didn’t ask the Lord for new ones. I asked help to get into those.
We received a letter from David yesterday. He said he had been to see you. What sort of a heap did he buy Lloyd? Did he get gypped?
Mother is at Relief Society, up to her elbows in quilting. The Bishop cornered me Sunday and asked me to go back into the Adult Aaronic Program. He said the Program and gone to pot since I left- maybe that is why the Lord wanted us back.

Vaya Con Dios,
Dad

No comments: