Personal History Website

Monday, December 6, 2010

January 24, 1968 Tucson Arizona


Dear Family,

Several weeks ago, when the weather was real cold here, Mother made me a present of a new sweat shirt, fleece lined, to wear at night and in the mornings. It has a big 70 on front and back. I didn’t not know what that signified, as I am only an elder. This morning I realized that she got it knowing that I would grow into it. It now denoted my aged.

I was surprised when Mother remembered my birthday and gave me my present and card before I got up for breakfast. Then Marion and her entire brood called and wished me a Happy Birthday. I don’t feel such different than I did 10 years ago, except I huff and puff a little more.

The Stobbe family sent us a roll of tape they had evidently recorded about Christmas and thinking that we had heard it and knew all the news about them, Rina had not written. We could not get a tape recorder so we will take it with us when we go to S.F. Maybe we can borrow Lloyd’s recorder along the way. I also received a birthday card from them.

There is very little of note since I last wrote. We received letters from the Rice family including Roberta and Robin. They, (including Queenie) are well again and expect to meet us at Marion’s next month when we go to David’s “fandango”.

Mother banged her knee a few days ago and went back to her cane for a while. She seems O.K. now, but we are going to take it easy going to S.F. We expect to leave here on Friday the Second, arrive at Marta’s on the third and rest up a few days before going on to S.F. The weather permitting, we hope to stay several days with Marion. We read now of the nice warm weather there and in L.A. Both places were reported to be warmer than Tucson yesterday, but just wait until the “stormy petrels” get there!

Marion I don’t know if David had an invitation sent to the Jenkins or not, but you might call Dorthy and tell her that we have included them on our card if they wish to go to the Ceremony.

We love you all and pray for you daily,

Vaya con dios,

Dad

No comments: