Personal History Website

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Tucson, April 9, 1968

Dear Family,

We have heard from several of you since my last Decker, Bill, Betty, Marion, Rina, and David.
While I have written to some of you under separate cover, I feel that I actually owe a letter this time.

Bill’s family is fine. Lloyd is beginning to have some of the twin’s tendencies of getting into
trouble. I am sorry about that. I thought, with that name he will be a model child- like his name sake.
Bill has been doing work on the McKay line. He has shook more relatives out of the bushes than I had
ever heard of. Two Aunts, Mary J. and Judy, the first born of David, (your great Grandfather), I had not
even heard mentioned. Bill, your Great Grandfather, Alexander, is supposed to have been born in
Scotland; consequently, he may not have been listed in that Tenn. Census, because he was dead or out
of the State at that time. Anyway it is very interesting. I have passed your findings on to Ruth for her
comment. Maybe we are descendents of Abraham McKay, (One of the early settlers in Tenn., and
a “Hard Shelled” Baptist). Maybe that is where we get our Yiddish snozzle.

Betty’s family also got the San Francisco bug, but they recovered much more promptly than I.
She was quite pleased because the girl’s report cards were so good. We did enjoy your long newsy letter
Betty, even though you did write it over a period of several weeks.

The Wilsons and McKays went to some Church sponsored program, a week ago. Wendy’s
babysitter let her get chilled and she caught a cold. Let’s don’t use that Sitter again Marta. Call me I will
Baby sit for you. We had hoped that the Wilsons might join us for Easter, but they can’t get away.
Marion, we sent three jackets for the boys and still have $10.00 left. Does Mimi still want the squaw
boots? If so send the size. If the coats don’t fit the boys, maybe you can sell them to someone there.
Don’t let them throw the coats in the washer or adios.

David says he has been so busy aboard ship that his extra-curricular activities have been badly
curtailed. He is going on another shakedown cruise soon.

I just realized Lloyd, that you are the only one we have not heard from. What is the matter? Has
Martin Luther King got you down?

Mother and I are contemplating hiding our over Easter week end. It makes us too homesick for
our grandchildren, to watch the Easter Program.

Mother was called by the Bishopric to be a teacher in Primary. She will have the 11 year old
girls, but she has lots of doubts about the whole thing.

Love,

Dad

No comments: