Personal History Website

Monday, December 6, 2010

March 22, 1968

I had begun to think that I had finished writing deckers as none of you had answered my last
one, when we received a long delayed letter from Rina. Who had been in Hong Kong – the Chinese
Santa Claus town. They came home with a lot of loot, including a “Golden Touch” Singer sewing
machine. Rina, I don’t think you read my last decker through or you would have caught the paragraph
about going fishing. Now if you read this far, we want you to set a date as when you want to go fishing.

They are having an education Program to-day. At the Priest Ex, meeting a couple of weeks ago,
Bishop Post, telling about the wonderful speakers, mentioned that he had seen you and Frank both cry,
when you attended one of these meeting several years ago. I think it is mostly about raising a family.
We are not going. We have already made our mistakes, besides, it cost five bucks.

The weather here is beginning to get nice again. I have had my shirt off a couple of times. Bill, I
heard over the radio day before yesterday that five feet of snow fell in S.E. Utah. Did you get any of this?
If you still have snow in May, all bets are off.

I am well enough now so that I have started doing a little work again. The other day I was
working on a missing Person case in Nogales, when our Landlady dropped in to visit Mother. When she
asked for me, mother told her that I was looking for a girl; “My goodness! She said, Don’t you mind?”

We did get a short note from David; you could hardly call it a letter. His ship went to sea on a
shakedown cruise. He was very proud of the fact that de did not get sea sick. He has a new address, but
he has changed his writing style and we could not make it our very well. When I am sure of it, I will pass
it along. This will be his permanent address now, F. P. O one, which will stick to him- even in Viet Nam.

We would like to hear from some of you Calif. People to learn how the “bug” treated you. Every
time we turn on T.V. we hear of someone who has gone to Cal. And caught the bug.

Vaya Con Dios

Dad

No comments: