Personal History Website

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Tucson, April 23, 1968

Dear Family,

We have received a couple of letters since my last “decker”, from Rina and Marta. Rina’s letter
was a tale of woe. It reminded me about the story of the Farmer, whose best mule broke her leg etc,
etc. She had a week when everything went wrong. You did not say anything about Lane, Rina. I trust he
has recovered from his illness. You must have been hard to get along with about then, with the Bazaar
toping everything off. I sympathized with Frank.

Marta too had her troubles. Wendy was quite ill, then Candy got the Chicken Pox. We, talked to
the Wilsons Sunday. The Meeker family came to L.A. Easter and it seemed like they had a really good
time.

Wow, you two think you got troubles, let me tell you mine! A couple of weeks ago, the First
Counselor of our Ward, (whose wife is Stake Primary President) came to our house and asked Mother to
teach a class in Primary- the 11 year old girls. She accepted, with a lot of reservations, but she did
accept. After her first Primary meeting she was ready to throw in the sponge, because she found out
that she not only had to teach but to deep records, make reports, take ‘em camping and what have you.
Between us both we have more books than a C.P.A. She has been trying to resign ever since, but the
trouble is, that the girls all like her and some of them have taken an active interest who were dragging
their feet before. SO, she takes it out on me! She has nightmares, because none of the Church
Authorities will accept her resignation or at least they talk her out of resigning every time she tries. She
even had a special Tutor to-day. I wish that some of you girls who have been in her spot would write to
her and offer her advice and or commiseration. EVEN MY TYPING HAS DEVELOPED AN ABRRATION AND
REFUSES TO WRITE PROPERLY EXCEPT IN CAPS.

I wrote a “Granddaughter Decker” right after Easter, in which I included other family news which
you must have read. I don’t think this effort was very well received, because I received no comment or
letter from any of the girls.

Vaya Con Dios,

Dad

No comments: